Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Eco-chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update


1) My SMART goal for last week was to shower for no more than 9 minutes each day. Not only did I achieve my goal, but I went for even less time. On average I showered for about 7 minutes. I did this by setting a timer on my phone. It helped that I was at my parents house too because often I couldn't shower for very long due to them running out of hot water.

2) I had a lot of successes this past week. There wasn't a single day that I didn't meet my goal or do better than it. My family is pretty large so when everyone's home there tends to not be very much hot water to go around in the mornings. I think this was an advantage for my goal, no one wants to shower in cold water. There wasn't much for obstacles this week. Over all it went pretty well.

3) As far as feelings go, I was annoyed if anything. This was because it's not very fun to have to shower in cold water. Overall though I feel sort of proud. It's nice to accomplish your goal and go above and beyond.

4) I learned that no one ever needs to shower for more than 10-15 minutes. It's a waste of water and time. It's totally do-able to shower in half that time, it just might take some practice.

5) My SMART goal for next week is to shower no more than 7 minutes per day. I've seen I can achieve this mark if I just stay committed to the goal. I decided it's better to challenge myself and work towards seeing results. Hopefully this goal is obtainable and will push me!

Image

Blogged for Eco-chic Lifestyle change: Week 4 hosted by Amy @ Amy In The Rain

4 comments:

  1. You amaze me! 7 minutes, holy buckets. That seems like such a short time! Nice work! I thought your original goal of 10 minutes was tough and now you are at 7. I would be annoyed too if I had to shower in cold water. Good luck for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow keep up the good work! It feels so good to accomplish goals and seven minutes is defiantly something to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You should feel proud, this is so hard to do! Keep it up it sounds like your on a role.

    PS Another girl has a similar goal, she makes a music playlist in the shower to help manage her time. Maybe that would work for you as well or at least keep your mind off the cold water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good work! I wish I could go this quickly. Way to save water though and keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete