Thursday, December 2, 2010

Reflection Weeks 9-12


Wow time is flying. Over these past few weeks we've learned a lot! Advocacy, linkys, eco-chic changes, THOMAS; these are just a few of the things we've learned about!

I've learned a ton about myself. I've learned that previously I have stayed in the shower for far too long! I learned this through my eco-chic lifestyle change, where I made myself break this habit. I've learned how to get the attention of my political representative. I think that this is a huge feat, before this I would have never known where to even start. Along the line i've also done a few share and voices on new things I've learned. For the past few years now, I've heard a lot about mercury poisoning, and after looking into it for a share and voice I now know more than I ever wanted to. I've also learned about linkys, although I'm still not sure about it all. And my favorite, I've leaned many things from "story of stuff"!

Stories of stuff has really opened my eyes about environmental issues that I didn't even know were happening! I actually started watching the video's before we had class and I've watched a couple more since then. I think they're amazing, they show you how everything is killing the environment and us, and stuff that you would have no idea about too! I've also learned how junking can help the environment because your not buying new things and throwing away the old. But the most useful thing that I've learned about the environment is how to get our political representatives attention about it. I believe this is so useful because in order for change to happen we need to gain the attention of the government. Also, who knows where my future jobs will take me, I might need to know that stuff some day to make a difference!

We've gone through a ton, and were closing in on the home stretch! I don't know about you but I can't wait to see what these last few weeks bring! :D


Photo

4 comments:

  1. THOMAS was a great project...yes tedious and alot of busy work, but I think I learned the most from this assignment. I'm not one to really dig into the government & such like that, but when we were allowed to look up a topic that we were actually interested in, it was much easier to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that we have learned a lot the past few weeks. Stories of stuff opened my eyes as well. I have also learned a lot about myself and I think a big part of it has to do with the goals we have been setting for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a really nice job summarizing all that we learned. I agree with you that if we want change to happen we need to bring it to the government. We need to show them our voice. We have learned about so many ways that we can help the environment, we'd be dumb to not utilize them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have learned a lot. You did a good job of summing things up too. I really liked doing our photo essays too, but I will admit the THOMAS assignment was a little challenging!

    ReplyDelete