Thursday, December 2, 2010

Share and Voice: The Lorax


Last night I was watching tv and I turned it to ABC, they had on the Dr. Seuss movie The Lorax. For those of you who have never read the book it's worth reading and it's extremely relevant to the class!

It basically outlines how industrialization hurts the environment and how with all of the big businesses, society often get's caught up in thinking that these industry's goods are key to living not the environment. In the movie they personify big business as a greedy executive ordering workers to chop down all the truffala trees, and society goes along with it because the tree is used to produce a good that they feel they need. The Lorax is the character who is fighting to stop the chopping of these trees and wants to save the environment.

This is a link to watch the movie if your interested.
It's a cute story and has a very powerful message, but it's understandable if you don't want to watch it because its about 25 minutes long. If your interested you can also find the book! It's a great story and worth reading for all ages! Check it out!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting movie. I don't have time to watch it right now but when I have the time I will watch it for sure. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr. Seuss! I'm sad I missed the movie but I will watch it now. This is a great way to educate people in a fun and exciting way. I think it's message is really powerful and it shows that this is an issue that needs to be taken care of. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Dr. Seuss my favorite is Big Foot Little Foot. This sounds like a great movie. I also agree with Kristy I hope they implement it in schools to educate students.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I have not read this book in long time. It's kind of fun to watch/read movies/books from your childhood and actually understand the meaning behind them. Thanks for finding the website, it was fun to see again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is interesting and a great way to pass on information. It was nice to take a look at this and bring back some old memories.

    ReplyDelete